With Dism you can capture and clone an image. Dism can be found in Windows Embedded 8 Tool-Folder. Continue reading
Microsoft has announced the release of Windows Embedded 8.
Facts about Windows Embedded 8 Standard:
- Windows Embedded 8 Standard Release Preview is already available for public
- Microsoft will provide Windows Embedded 8 Standard in three different versions: 32-Bit, 64-Bit and 64-Bit with Developer-Tools
- Windows 8 will support x86 as well as ARM (ARM support is a part of Windows Embedded Enterprise) => Cauton: ARM platforms need own ARM drivers and ARM compiled applications. Not all ARM are supported. First Release is shipped without ARM-Support.
- Modern Style (Metro) can be disabled
- Windows Embedded 8 Standard is split into 150 components (based on Windows 8 Professional)
- The installation process and configuration is similar like Windows 7 (Setup-DVD, ICE, DISM, Modules can be installed later all the time offline and online, etc)
- File based write filter and Enhanced write filter will be combined into one write filter
- Footprint size is similar to Windows 7
- Minimum RAM requirements on target: 512 MB
- Activation process and licensing: Same like Windows 7 (stamp CAL and forget)
- Windows Embedded 8 Enterprise: 2012.12
- Windows Embedded 8 Standard: 2013 first quarter (three quarters after official Windows 8 desktop launch)
- Windows Embedded 8 Compact (no appointment available, probably third quarter of 2013)