In this tutorial I explain the way how to generate and renew Let’s Encrypt certificates with docker and how to implement all needed steps into Apache web server. You need a working Docker container runtime and an installed and working Apache web server before you can start with this tutorial. Continue reading
With Dism you can capture and clone an image. Dism can be found in Windows Embedded 8 Tool-Folder. Continue reading
Last week I have published my first Windows Phone App called ‘Photo Upload’.
With Photo Upload you can upload photos from ‘Camera Roll’ to any configured WebDav Folder (such as Owncloud, etc). The trial version is fully functional, but you can only upload 3 photos at once. Remarks, this App supports HTTP and HTTPS protocol. HTTPS are working only with a valid certificate (self signed are NOT working). Videos are not supported. See more on Windows Store. Continue reading
Note: With Windows Phone 8.1 Update the described procedure with Google Account is not possible anymore. Use iCloud Account instead of Google Mail Account and do the described steps in same manner.
Today is a great day. I have found a native way how to sync calendar and contacts directly with Windows Phone 8 (you only need the GDR2-Update): Continue reading
Microsoft has announced the release of Windows Embedded 8.
Facts about Windows Embedded 8 Standard:
- Windows Embedded 8 Standard Release Preview is already available for public
- Microsoft will provide Windows Embedded 8 Standard in three different versions: 32-Bit, 64-Bit and 64-Bit with Developer-Tools
- Windows 8 will support x86 as well as ARM (ARM support is a part of Windows Embedded Enterprise) => Cauton: ARM platforms need own ARM drivers and ARM compiled applications. Not all ARM are supported. First Release is shipped without ARM-Support.
- Modern Style (Metro) can be disabled
- Windows Embedded 8 Standard is split into 150 components (based on Windows 8 Professional)
- The installation process and configuration is similar like Windows 7 (Setup-DVD, ICE, DISM, Modules can be installed later all the time offline and online, etc)
- File based write filter and Enhanced write filter will be combined into one write filter
- Footprint size is similar to Windows 7
- Minimum RAM requirements on target: 512 MB
- Activation process and licensing: Same like Windows 7 (stamp CAL and forget)
- Windows Embedded 8 Enterprise: 2012.12
- Windows Embedded 8 Standard: 2013 first quarter (three quarters after official Windows 8 desktop launch)
- Windows Embedded 8 Compact (no appointment available, probably third quarter of 2013)
This week i participated on a Microsoft-TechTalk. Microsoft showed the new Team Foundation Server 2012 and its functions. I summarize the hot topics of the new features. Continue reading
You should always use consistend naming conventions (no sp_ prefix). Beside of the documented recommendation of Microsoft for possible sp_ naming conflicts for future system procedures there is an other important reason:
If you execute a sp_ prefix stored procedure the SQL Server searches the stored procedure in the sys-namespace of the master database by each exec-call. This may causes some performance issues.
A possible way to use consistend naming conventions could be usp_ or other specific prefixes (for example three characters: get, set, chk).
If you have a non clustered index on unique identifier you might have identified a serious performance problem.
The SQL server creates for each non clustered index a separate table. By inserting a unique identifier with “NEWUID() stored procedure” each new data row has to be inserted somewhere within the table which needs a lot of performance and creates fragmentation of the table. In this case you need a function to be sure the insertion process will be made at the end of the table.
In some projects you have to migrate old code to a new state of the art. You may confrontated with code which is managed by Visual Source Safe. Additionally you have the requirements not to loose the history and labeled informations about the project. Continue reading